HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO EXPRESS YOUR EMOTIONAL NEEDS?

Yesterday I was clever, so I want to change the world. Today I was wise, so I want to change myself" J. Rumi
pixabay.com

I live my whole 20 years in Indonesia, one nation that is very famous by its natural beauty; the mountains, sea, tradition, foods, we're enriched by all those. But apart from the natural beauty, we're also enriched by emotional caring, Why do I say that?

In other parts of the world, you would see (or even experience) problems happened because people don't care. But in Indonesia, problem appeared because people care too much. These problems keep happening 'til I don't know what do people here care about? I can't really distinct the line between caring for other people or caring for their own emotional ego.

Currently, I am surrounded with people in every age raging about bread. Yes, literally, "bread". I don't quite understand what is happening but the debate and tension flowing over bread and I kid u not, that is serious problem. There is even a debate held in TV channel regarding about this bread conflict. I don't know why. What I only know is this problem rooted from peace demonstration held by Muslim movement.

I'm one of few percents of people who still regularly using facebook. Most of my friends are active in facebook and I browse it for the lulz the news sometimes. When the talk of peace demonstration and this bread appeared in the surface on my timeline, my timeline went all "red". Anger, hoax, lecture, everything that you don't want to see in your good day. I unfollowed and unfriended like...40++ people or so when it started, and the thing still appearing in my timeline somehow until now (note that these all happened since December, 2nd).

But from what I analyze, this problem became huge NOT because of the problem itself, it was because of the people who constantly raging, making status updates contain lecture whilst swearing all the way through instead. What do we call it? SJWs? 

The pattern is exactly the same when it comes to news contradiction and other dramas. The dramas wouldn't be dramas if there is no people judging and publicly lecturing what they think is right (even though it's right). I mean, if you purely want to turn down a little fire, you can just shower it with a glass of water, not ignite more fire and making it bigger and bigger until it is able to swallow your body into a dead crisp.

How is it effective to lecture people when you are angry and keep saying bad things? Isn't it a basic communication lesson? Or maybe people miss their lessons. What do you want to achieve? Oh no, What do you really achieve???

The rampage about all little things I see like...almost everyday makes me correlate it with my life and I came up to a thought: people here continuously express their mound of emotion and place it as a primary needs.

Last night, one friend was dissing me and swearing so harsh on his facebook because I couldn't talk on the phone because I am very passive when I'm on bad mood and also...it was already midnight and I had to sleep? The morning after that he said sorry when I haven't even done to mend my broken respect for him (or having no attempt to mend it yet? idk)

This also happens when there was a news about a bus that carried mass for demonstration had a crash, caused one person to die. People in my facebook reacts almost the same, like "IN YOUR FUCKING FACE, HAHA". Yes, they were cheering over the death of a person. How ethical was that?

The society I live in is one of the reason of my huge, irreplaceable trust issue. I believe that people are in their dumbest position when they are in state of anger and fall in love. They are irrational, emotional, less logical, and always try to justify their own path. That is why I never want to trust them (or trust other people in general lol).

I imagine my society as a bee hive. Poke the hive once, and the bees ready to sting you with their deadly "injection", even though in the end they'd be dead. Everything happens by the concept of domino.
"It's ok at least I'm buzzing my way to my death! *stings*"

Do we know that our words that we speak will form into a boomerang? It will come to you sometimes, no matter it will hit you or not. In the state of anger, our ego urges brain to produce every harsh word pass through your 'circuit'. But this process then have two ways: we would express the anger no matter how hurtful it is to our surroundings, or, we would swallow it to ourselves and let it go time after time.

No one constantly choosing only one way of process. But for me, I'd rather go with the second way. Not because I don't want to hurt people, but because I'd rather hurt myself inside rather than to hurt myself in public.

I believe the most wounded person when we are in anger is ourselves, not everyone else. Got angry in public not wouldn't make people fear me, I'd look more like an edgy emo teen who can't understand life instead. Moreover, why would I get angry but something that is too little like...bread??? I prefer get pissed off by those comments than to make myself a fool to blend in with it and ignite another fire.

This post will never change people in any way. However, emotion can't go away easily by just reading a cheap blog from a person who have no influence at all lol. But I just hope, this way of thinking can be accepted and at least become a little something that goes on your circuit when you are angry. The point is, just don't care. 


And of course, that is a question I should ask to myself too. Am I making this to others or to satisfy my own ego?

Comments

Popular Posts